Tuesday, January 3, 2012

DAY 1 of PALEO CHALLENGE

Well, I started doing Crossfit at the beginning of October and so far I've felt more energy, improved sleep, and better-fitting clothes! I decided to do the Paleo Challenge with Box 626 (Crossfit Brigade). Officially, the start date was Jan. 2, but I thought it was Jan. 1. The thought that I sat at our friends', The Summerlins, dining room table thinking that I couldn't have any of the chocolate sitting out when I really COULD HAVE is killing me!! Oh well. I guess I'm a day ahead. So, here it goes... no sugars, complex carbs, no processed foods, no grains, no alcohol. I'm also nixing dairy.

Jan. 2 went a little like this:
slept in
Breakfast: eggs & spinach
Lunch: egg whites & butternut squash
Snack: orange & almonds
Dinner: chicken & spinach soup, salad with oil and vinegar dressing
Snack: strawberries, almonds, shredded coconut

Lots of hot tea peppered throughout the day trying to stave off hunger!! I even made my family blueberry cheesecake muffins and didn't even try one. Of course, my kids wanted buttered toast and pasta all day, so I prepared those, too. AAAGH! It was so in my face all day! I was proud of myself for not having any of it. I even spit out some pasta that I truly accidentally ate while testing my son's bowl of soup for hotness.
I also drank 8 glasses of water, which is a goal of mine to do everyday. It's a difficult one for me, but I know it's good for me to do.

1 comment:

  1. I have definitely found some new teas since challenging myself to ixnay the sweeteners & my beloved diet dr. pepper a day. & lol on spitting stuff out; that was tricky with kids & Hadley is always wanting me to try her stuff; she is eating better now too though :) way to go already!

    ReplyDelete